SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEA BUDDHA BOWL
FOR THE SALAD BASE
740g cooked quinoa
2 heads of kale, finely sliced
2 avocados, destoned, peeled and sliced
2 large red onions, peeled, sliced into 8 wedges
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
100g baby spinach
FOR THE CHICKPEAS
2 x 400g cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
30ml olive oil
20g garlic powder
Salt to taste
FOR THE SWEET POTATOES
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
50ml olive oil
20g curry powder
10g cumin powder
Salt & pepper to taste
10g smoked paprika
170g tahini paste
Juice of 2 lemons
100g maple syrup
50g sesame oil
80ml water to loosen
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Wash and peel your sweet potatoes and cut into large dice around 1cm.
- Add to a large bowl. Add in the oil, smoked paprika, curry powder, cumin powder and season well. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until softened and golden brown.
- Peel and chop the onion into wedges (8 per onion), season with salt and pepper and a little vegetable oil. Place on a tray with baking parchment and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the drained chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss cumin, paprika and curry powder, season well. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Once hot, add the oil and the seasoned chickpeas and sauté, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. They should be browned.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a bowl and set aside. In the same pan, add the de-stemmed and chopped kale and sauté for 2 minutes to allow it to wilt slightly.
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients into a blender or a bowl if using a stick blender and blend until incorporated. If the dressing becomes too thick, add the water a little at a time to loosen.
- To serve, add a bed of quinoa to a bowl and top with the kale, arrange your chickpeas, roasted onion, sweet potatoes, avocado, spinach, and finish with your dressing.