MAPLE GLAZED SALMON, ASPARAGUS & CUCUMBER SALAD
150g Salmon fillet
25g Red cherry tomatoes
50ml Olive oil
4 Sprigs of dill
FOR THE DRESSING
100g Cup extra virgin olive oil (or substitute your preferred oil)
25g Cup apple cider vinegar (or substitute your preferred vinegar)
45g Maple syrup
30g Dijon mustard
10g Chopped garlic (or substitute finely chopped onion)
5g Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillet, place on baking paper on a small tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix 25g maple strup with 10g olive oil, cover your salmon fillet with this. Lightly season, cook on a chargrill for 4 minutes each side and allow to cool.
- For your dressing, mix your vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, maple syrup and whisk, slowly add the oil until all is incorporated in your dressing. It will thicken, then season to taste.
- Peel your cucumber with a peeler lengthways and roll your cucumber up from one end.
- For the asparagus, trim the bottom so they are all equal, then blanch in boiling water for 4 minutes, then refresh in ice cold water.
- Slice your radishes as thin as possible lengthways and place in cold iced water.
- Cook your quinoa in salted water for around 20 minutes until it has doubled in size and has no bite. Cool in ice water then allow to dry.
- In a pan heat a little vegetable oil and toast your quinoa until golden.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and season, place in the over for 5 minutes then allow to cool.
- Plate your dish, with your asparagus spears, rolled cucumber, cherry tomatoes and quinoa. Brush your salmon with a little more maple syrup and lightly glaze with your blow torch.
- Plate your salmon, finish with your dressing, then your radishes and dill sprigs.