Valentine's PizzaDownload Recipe
You don't need a fancy, expensive dinner to impress your Valentine, you just need to cater to what he or she loves to eat. And if one of those foods is pizza, you're in luck!
Traditionally Italian and made to share, we've got a delicious homemade pizza recipe, sure to surprise and delight your special someone or even just to treat yourself!
For the Pizza Dough (enough for two 12 inch bases):
550g of strong white flour
7g of dried yeast (usually one sachet)
1 tsp of table salt
1 tsp of caster sugar
320ml of luke warm water
Pepper to season
2 tbsp of olive oil
For the Pizza Base Sauce:
Tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp of tomato Puree
1 tbsp olive oil
Pepper to season
Coarse salt to season
2 cloves of garlic (crushed or finely chopped)
1 tsp of basil
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp Thyme
For the Toppings:
1 Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1. Sieve the strong white flour into a large mixing bowl, add the salt and pepper. Add the water, yeast, sugar and olive oil into a jug and leave for 3 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
2. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the mixing bowl while stirring using a wooden spoon until everything is roughly mixed. Then, using your hands, further mix and knead the dough until it is elastic and slightly tacky but not over sticky. Place the dough in the mixing bowl and cover with a damp tea towel and leave for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
3. Take the dough and knead it for a few minutes to take some of the air out. Split it into two equal parts.
4. For the sauce, put all sauce ingredients into a blender for 30 seconds until you are left with a thick, light red sauce.
5. Flour a work surface and using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is roughly the size of the pizza tray you are using. Place the rolled out dough onto the tray and using your fingers, work the dough until it fills the tray. Then at the top of the pizza circle, with your finger pull the dough down to make the heart shape. Then repeat for the second pizza.
6. Brush the surface of both doughs with olive oil and then add enough sauce mix to cover the bases spreading evenly. Sprinkle on the grated cheese followed by your pepperoni on one pizza and cherry tomatoes on the other.
7. Cook the pizza in preheated oven at 200C/Gas Mark 6/Fan 180C for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!